Slang words are informal and can vary by location and time. There will always be new slang to learn and be baffled by (have you seen how many entries Urban Dictionary has?!), so here are some common slang words to help you understand what people are really saying.
- In order to cram for the test, I pulled an all nighter.
- As a med student I’m used to all nighters.
- You probably passed the test, so chill out.
- The screaming fans need to chill out.
relax (not do anything)
- I don’t feel like partying this weekend; I’d rather just chill.
- We’re going to chill out at home.
- He spoke so quickly it sounded like gibberish.
- I tried to talk to the doctor but he was speaking gibberish.
- I’m psyched about the party this weekend.
- I would be psyched if I got to travel all summer.
- After studying all week I just want to veg out.
- My favorite pastime is vegging out.